Tuesday 12 November 2013

From Iori Mochizuki

This answers one important question – Tepco have not begun the removal of fuel rods

JP Gov hasn’t given Tepco the approval to remove fuel from reactor4 pool


11 November, 2013

According to Tepco’s spokesman, NRA (Nuclear Regulation Authority) has not given Tepco the approval to remove the fuel assemblies from reactor4 pool.


They announced the removal can be started in mid-November. It is not clear when to publish the approval.




An honest answer to the question.

No fuel” vs “Is fuel” in reactor4 pool


11 November, 2013

The discussion about reactor4 pool is all around on the internet.
Some people say there are no fuels in reactor4 pool anymore, some say there are. 
I personally don’t know which one is true.
First of all, I would like to clarify that there was no fuel in reactor4 itself. Reactor4 and reactor4 pool are different. I’m a little afraid this may be where this entire argument started.
Anyway, “No fuel” side says there mustn’t be the fuel because it steamed a lot in 311.
Actually the NRC document says there was no water in the pool.
However actually the pool can’t indicate the water level when it goes lower than a certain level according to a NRC document that anonymous leaked in the summer of 2012. Nobody therefore can prove there was no water in the pool. It’s only the visual inspection.
 American nuclear plants also use the same structure of the spent fuel pool as reactor4. For this reason, NRC might be pressuring Tepco and Japanese government to conceal the things about reactor4 pool possibly.
From the report of the governmental accident investigation committee, which my old teacher is also a member of, at least 2 fires were observed in the different places of reactor4 building. It is not clear who and how put it out.
Sure just “fire” cannot ruin the nuclear plant building that much.
The explosion of reactor4 is reported to be the “hydrogen explosion” by Tepco, but the committee finds it still questionable.
However, 5 different seismic monitors recorded an explosive shock 2 mins before the “explosion” itself. (cf, [Reactor4] Explosive shock was detected before the explosion [URL])
Everything is messed up.
The basis to think there are still fuel is the fact that Tepco removed 2 assemblies of the new fuel last year. It’s a little questionable if they can manipulate thousands of the workers for over one year.
As a matter of fact, it may be worse if there are still fuel.
Tepco has made no prevention in case the fuel reaches critical state. This is what scares me the most. They only say it can’t go critical state because they pick up one assembly each time. They state even if it goes, it won’t affect the outside of the plant area.
Because it is not supposed to have an accident, they don’t take any prevention. This is the tradition of nuclear industry and this is how 311 happened.


Living true is costly, but living a lie is worthless”

The only life I could choose
Iori Mochizuki




11 November, 2013

There’s no one else to do what I am doing.

Left Japan, started the journalism / research company specialized in anti-nuke and mass media, profit is from donation instead of selling something, in Romania.
There’s nobody to consult.
This is not the sense of loneliness. This is the sense of frontier.
I’m the first one to do anything. Sometimes, or often, I feel somewhat anxiety and scared.
but again there’s nobody to talk about that. Even if I talk about that, nobody can really understand that. Some people even try to take advantage of me for marketing something.
But I’m not going back. This is what I live for.
 When I feel like I’m crushed by pressure, the only thing to save me is the sense that I did my best.
Maybe I make mistake. Maybe I choose the wrong one.
However at least I’m sure I do my best all the time.
Whenever I look back, I can think I couldn’t choose anything else, I couldn’t do anything better.
 Maybe it’s miracle itself that I’m still alive.
Life is like snow. Even if you melt soon as you land, you’d cool down the ground so the following snowflakes can survive.
I haven’t betrayed me never since 311. and I will not.
 Some people decided to accept the lies. They think living true is too expensive.
but when they become alone, who is going to blame ?
Living true is costly, but living a lie is worthless.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.